Saturday, June 1, 2013

Wow

Wow.

Just Wow.

Less than a week ago, my sister told me that she and her husband would like to start a fundraising site for Beckett's medical expenses.  They had prayed about and talked with my other sister and her new husband about it, and they decided that this was what they wanted to do. My sisters are my best friends.  They have listened to it all...on the bad days.  When I have things to say that aren't so strong and brave- the stuff I don't always share on here.  They have heard it all and loved me through it.  I believe they have felt helpless to fix this for us.  So "Blessings for Beckett" came to be. 

And Oh.My.Lanta.  What a blessing it has been.  I am amazed.  God is showing His love for us through all the people around us.  We are not in this alone.

I often tell people that I don't have that many tears left.  Not that I am hardened from it all, but I just am out of energy sometimes to really feel the hardship of some of what is going on in our lives over the last couple years. There have been some amazing blessings in our lives, and I see God's work all around us...really, I do.  But it has been hard.  Our family has been through a lot in addition to Beckett's health needs.  So now, here I am, the girl who has no time to cry, with tears in my eyes. Grateful tears.

Yesterday, we were absolutely amazed at the outpouring of love from all of those around us.  Prayer for Beckett is worth more than anything.  We felt so encouraged by all the people who wanted to be involved in praying for our Beckett and sharing our requests for prayer.  Wow.  To see how many people wanted to jump on the "Team Beckett Train" (as one person labeled it) was just encouraging more than you can know.  We truly believe in the power of prayer, and we thank you all for joining us in praying for this little guy.

I was rocking Beckett last night before bed...singing our nightly ritual song list- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Amazing Grace, and Jesus Loves Me. He snuggled around me like a little monkey and squeezed me tight (his new thing). And I told him that he was so special and loved by so many people-people he hasn't even met. He had friends praying for him everywhere.  How blessed he is. How thankful I am.

The plan started less than a week ago.  And last night, Kyle and I were able to go to bed knowing that we could pay off the one night stay in February to place his NG tube...just one of his bills that on our payment plan would have taken us one year to pay off was taken care of in less than one day through Blessings for Beckett.  ONE day, people.  Wow.  God is good.

Thank you guys for sharing joining us in prayer for this little guy.  We truly feel so encouraged and thankful to have so many friends that care so deeply.  Thank you for praying and sharing our need for prayer.  We are so blessed to have so many people loving on our little man.

Thank you.

Love,
Kaylan

P.S. Here is a copy of the movie:

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWvqs0ZzGU

1 comment:

  1. ANd here is a link to the Blessings for Beckett site: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/blessings-for-beckett/62864

    Thanks for letting us share back with you -as you are a bleessing as we watch you caring for precious boy - and for the blessing Beckett is in our lives. Reading your blog is a huge blessing - God busy in our midst!

    ReplyDelete