Monday, March 19, 2012

Doing the Work...When the Work Gets Harder

A few months ago, I talked about my goal to do as David instructed his son Soloman to do, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished..." (I Chronicles 28)

Do the work. Be strong and courageous, and do the work...

Well, let me tell you..It is not really as simple as it sounds.

And what does that mean when the work gets harder? Do I still have to be courageous? When it all becomes more than I expected?

I think something God is teaching me this year is that He never promised us a light load. Never in the Bible does He say it is going to be easy. Throughout the Bible, we learn of people going through sufferings while bringing glory to God. Sometimes the work does get harder, more overwhelming, bigger...

God never promised me simple or easy. But he did promise that He loves me. That He cares for me. That He is with me always. That He loves me so much that He sent his own Son to suffer and die on the cross so that we can spend eternity with Him in Heaven. HE LOVES ME...

And when the work gets harder, He loves me...

The work gets harder, but He never leaves me. He is with me.

Every single day, I have to remind myself to be strong and do the work in a "He's Got This and I can do the work" mode. It doesn't come naturally to me. It's a struggle. And some days it feels like the job is getting bigger. But God is with me and we keep on going. Keep on doing the work that he has chosen for me to do.

"He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished..."

He is still with me...even when the work is hard.

Keep going.

I have told you these things, so that in my you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33



(Note: I do have a wonderful life, and I am very blessed. Please know that Beckett's health did not take a sudden turn for the worse nor was there any other sudden calamity. I think at times no matter what the work is,- persevering through a trial, being strong and courageous, or the monotony or stress of a job or whatever it might be-we get tired and overwhelmed sometimes. Even just the day after day of whatever we are doing just gets tiring. But I know that this is where God has me, the season he has put me in, and we keep going. Doing the work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment